HIFICRITIC audio review magazine
HIFICRITIC FORUMS
Current Issue
HIFICRITIC
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline ginodiluca  
#1 Posted : 11 April 2021 10:35:49(UTC)
ginodiluca

Italy

Martin, it’s a very brilliant article and a very delicate topic.
I have gone through same topic reviews(uninspired) for years but it is the first time I read such a conscious review.
Indeed I have tried and bought several equipment stands and isolators ending up using very little or none.
My choice for years now are supporting stands 2 and 3 tiers made of very sturdy and heavy solid wood with lead inserts, interfacing to solid wood floor over concrete slab with thin wool felt inserts. I smiled at your recent comments over magico pods..
I look forward to your hopefully upcoming second part of the review covering turntable isolation.
Also here I am afraid I bought a dedicated custom calibrated reference level HRS platform for my big suspension less AMG turntable and again found that what should be an obvious match resulted in a disappointing loss of connection to music and loss of rhythm and momentum. There must be forces and factors at play here that escape my ability to detect and set up.
I am eager to hear more from you on this subject.
Ciao
Gino