HIFICRITIC audio review magazine
HIFICRITIC FORUMS
Current Issue
HIFICRITIC
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline cleveland clive  
#1 Posted : 04 March 2021 11:09:40(UTC)
cleveland clive

United Kingdom

Hello everyone, having just recently purchased a new Audio Note TT 3 with an SPU 3 I am looking to hear from any owner of the same equipment or any reviewer e.g.Martin Collums who has experienced shaking of the deck when turning the control on the PSU to play. It does not happen every time but sometimes for me is too much. An email from Audio Note states some shake is to be expected with 3 powerful motors chiming in together on a sprung deck.

I would have thought especially with the level 3 PSU that a smooth start every time would have been guaranteed. I have never owned a sprung deck before are there any members who are Linn owners who can state whether any sprung deck is prone to this "fault". The sound is very good butfor me any vibration on any equipment left to continue will eventually bring about failure. Thank you for any help / contributions.
Offline Yeti  
#2 Posted : 24 March 2021 16:12:51(UTC)
Yeti

United Kingdom

I read this because I saw SPU in the title but have never heard of a 3 but I presume you meant PSU.
I’ve only seem this deck in the dealership I frequented, I’m pretty sure they left it running when changing a disc, which is what I prefer to do anyway if I’m not using a screw down clamp. I’ve not had any problems with my records from doing this even with a hard mat.