HIFICRITIC audio review magazine
HIFICRITIC FORUMS
Current Issue
HIFICRITIC
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Simon Briggs  
#1 Posted : 03 June 2020 14:54:04(UTC)
Simon Briggs

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 9 post(s)
I am in a situation where I will be selling my beloved 700cx to fund other projects but in a year or two may be able to get back on the big Krell ladder.

A stereo chassis suits my set-up better and may be able to look at the 402e Evolution.

Question is there are gains in performance elsewhere that the 402e has over the 700cx but will the 402e conceded any of the amazing bass slam / dynamics that the 700cx has?

Thanks

Simon
Offline phil page  
#2 Posted : 03 June 2020 15:42:14(UTC)
phil page

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
By coincidence, Simon, I have just sold my Krell 700cx, and very quickly. Happy to tell you how, where, and how much privately. Can't help you on the 402e question, though!
Phil
Offline Simon Briggs  
#3 Posted : 18 September 2020 10:26:22(UTC)
Simon Briggs

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Originally Posted by: phil page Go to Quoted Post
By coincidence, Simon, I have just sold my Krell 700cx, and very quickly. Happy to tell you how, where, and how much privately. Can't help you on the 402e question, though!

Phil,

Recently sold my 700cx so will get on the ladder again sometime in 2021 Covid-19 permitting.

Listening to my two Orelle SA100 Evo amps carefully (one standard one CJB upgraded) is a humbling experience, when they have levels of musical expression which are lacking even in some top performing £30-40K pre/pow combos. However the little amps lack the bass slam and dynamics I sometimes crave, which is why I want both options.

Love the new cat avatar.

ATB

Simon

Offline phil page  
#4 Posted : 18 September 2020 18:32:01(UTC)
phil page

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Simon Briggs Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: phil page Go to Quoted Post

Phil,

Recently sold my 700cx so will get on the ladder again sometime in 2021 Covid-19 permitting.

Listening to my two Orelle SA100 Evo amps carefully (one standard one CJB upgraded) is a humbling experience, when they have levels of musical expression which are lacking even in some top performing £30-40K pre/pow combos. However the little amps lack the bass slam and dynamics I sometimes crave, which is why I want both options.

Love the new cat avatar.

ATB

Simon

Miaow!
Phil