HIFICRITIC audio review magazine
HIFICRITIC FORUMS
Current Issue
HIFICRITIC
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Simon Briggs  
#1 Posted : 23 April 2020 00:18:00(UTC)
Simon Briggs

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Self Isolation Covid-19 How is everyone coping?

I am working from home but getting by.

Getting some local walks and exercise in and a chance to reflect on several loudspeaker designs I am working on, some good music and even getting some astronomy done!!
Offline phil page  
#2 Posted : 23 April 2020 02:35:55(UTC)
phil page

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
We’re self-quarantining, but at least we can go in the garden. Plenty of time for listening, watching, and reading. And working in the garden. Can’t win them all.
Phil
Offline Pete_w  
#3 Posted : 23 April 2020 19:16:25(UTC)
Pete_w

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Nice to hear you're all still OK. Not a bundle of laughs here. Furloughed the care team and isolated ourselves in order to shield our (disabled, vulnerable) son. So we're down by 200+ hrs of care per month, and they've shut the schools, obviously, so that's more "care" hours we don't have. So we're doing 168hrs a week, basically, for the foreseeable. No time for ourselves at all, no music, no TV, no going out. Just work. Shame, as I bought some new speakers just before all this went in the fan :-)

Sorry if that sounded more self-pitying than I intended. It is what it is. KBO, as Churchill used to say...

Pete
Offline Peter M  
#4 Posted : 24 April 2020 11:30:00(UTC)
Peter M

Jeez Pete, That puts my present situation into perspective! And there I was, fretting about whether I could afford an upgrade. See you on the other side,

Peter M
Offline Pete_w  
#5 Posted : 24 April 2020 21:56:12(UTC)
Pete_w

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Thanks, Peter. As I say, it is what it is. It's the same for all of us; "what it is" for us is 7 nappies a day and no sleep.

But it's a wonderful world, and if you need proof of that then grab a hankie and watch this:

https://www.facebook.com/meadowgateacademywisbech/videos/what-a-wonderful-world/926377134448857/

Our son's school put this together for their "virtual assembly" last week; we all contributed bits. I wouldn't normally dream of posting something like this, but it's up in public on facebook, it's had something like 30,000 views and I think it's probably on the local paper's website as well. The school wants it to go viral...

By the way, Peter, I understand Don's keeping you posted on progress with the build. It's pretty much stopped at the moment, but at least we got the windows in and got the place more or less weathertight before the plug got pulled.

Best wishes to all

Pete

Offline Simon Briggs  
#6 Posted : 20 July 2020 13:21:41(UTC)
Simon Briggs

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 9 post(s)
I think the important thing, for me in particular, has been eating carefully and getting exercise, I have managed to lose some more body fat and even though my BMI is higher than ideal, I have been a fairly active sportsman all of my life and have now got down to 18% body fat which I gather is in the healthy range.