HIFICRITIC audio review magazine
HIFICRITIC FORUMS
Current Issue
HIFICRITIC
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Best Sound Only LLC  
#1 Posted : 07 February 2018 18:50:11(UTC)
Best Sound Only LLC

Dear Friends,

I have been following Paul Messenger and Martin Collum's reviews since the late 80s. Their mix of science and listening made the most sense to me, especially in the context of a reference system. I dropped out of the audio scene for a time, and now in semi-retirement I'm running a by appointment salon Best Sound Only in North Canaan CT USA. I don't believe in "best in class" or all this other drivel the big mags spout. Gear is either transparent in the reference system or it isn't.

I would like to subscribe to the magazine. Is it distributed in print in the USA?

I am opinionated especially when it comes to the engineering side of digital audio; I was on one of the engineering teams that developed thin wire Ethernet. However, I am especially fond of my LPs and SACDs.

Cheers.
ivanj
Offline darkmatter  
#2 Posted : 08 February 2018 10:35:54(UTC)
Simon Briggs

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Ivan, welcome to the forums

DM
Offline Martin Colloms  
#3 Posted : 09 February 2018 15:56:35(UTC)
Martin Colloms

Was thanked: 48 time(s) in 47 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Best Sound Only LLC Go to Quoted Post
Dear Friends,

I have been following Paul Messenger and Martin Collum's reviews since the late 80s. Their mix of science and listening made the most sense to me, especially in the context of a reference system. I dropped out of the audio scene for a time, and now in semi-retirement I'm running a by appointment salon Best Sound Only in North Canaan CT USA. I don't believe in "best in class" or all this other drivel the big mags spout. Gear is either transparent in the reference system or it isn't.

I would like to subscribe to the magazine. Is it distributed in print in the USA?

I am opinionated especially when it comes to the engineering side of digital audio; I was on one of the engineering teams that developed thin wire Ethernet. However, I am especially fond of my LPs and SACDs.

Cheers.
ivanj

HIFICRITIC is mail order, print only, with single issues and/or annual subscriptions