HIFICRITIC audio review magazine
HIFICRITIC FORUMS
Current Issue
HIFICRITIC
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Simon Briggs  
#1 Posted : 22 December 2020 14:21:18(UTC)
Simon Briggs

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 9 post(s)
DIY I/C Cables I am looking to source some Audio Synthesis SP or a close equivalent.

I am doing some research as I want to start looking for some decent lengths of the Audio Syntheses SP cable sold by Dave Heaton? Which has a tough blue sheath and I think had 4 x 1mm solid core conductors with a silver clad copper braded screen.

A brief search and I cannot find anything on the web regarding availability of this cable.

I will avail to greater expertise than mine, but have a short set made up of this cable and didn’t want to pull them apart. They are excellent having properties that I like in my system. It has excellent dynamics and great bass.

It was quite tough and inflexible which I actually prefer as it quite durable.

The reason for my search is I want to make up a 6 meter pair for my main system.

I think that Audio Synthesis had this cable custom made by Deskadel but cannot be sure.

The nearest I can find is Deskadel I-5 ML but again cannot be sure.

Can anyone help or assist me to correctly identify the cable so that I can begin to search for some?

Thanks,

Simon