HIFICRITIC audio review magazine
HIFICRITIC FORUMS
Current Issue
HIFICRITIC
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline sandyk  
#1 Posted : 09 April 2020 00:56:19(UTC)
sandyk

Australia

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Higher Quality HIDDEN YouTube Audio

I recently realised that many YouTube Music Videos have a hidden high quality audio track, and not just the crappy typical 128kbps .aac audio that we all hear.
For something to do , I had saved a YouTube video from Dua Lipa with 128kbps .aac Audio, and from a couple of nights earlier on RAGE (ABC HDTV) where they transmit higher quality audio.
I Demultiplexed them both with my Video S/W, (the Video and audio of both) with the idea of giving the higher quality looking YouTube video the better sounding Audio as well .
With YouTube ,this gave me an X264 Video file that none of my S/W players will play, and the couple of MB .aac audio as a separate .aac Audio file.
However, when I opened this X264 video in TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 5 ,it still showed it as having Audio, despite the file being smaller after the .aac audio was removed.
I then decided to convert the X264 file to BluRay format to see what came out.
The results are at the links below.
In many cases, the new audio may be out of Sync with the Video, (or different ?) however, with Carly Simon-You're So Vain,for example,it was correct.

However, if you just wish to obtain higher quality audio, as with some Classical Music performances, this won't be a problem.

Many members will have heard the YouTube performance from SNL by Adele, so I have attached a comparison between both lots of Audio, although the Audio is WAY out of Sync with the Video in this example.

Alex

www.dropbox.com/s/lndi7si0div30up/Adele - When We Were Young (Live on SNL).mp4?dl=0
www.dropbox.com/s/zo459k19i2su34r/Adele - When We Were Young (Live on SNL).m2t?dl=0

www.dropbox.com/s/5h41tkdp73djlnz/Dua Lipa - Break My Heart - 128kbps .aac Audio.mp4?dl=0
www.dropbox.com/s/te6wem44q1nj4zo/Dua Lipa - Break My Heart (Official Video).m2t?dl=0

P.S.

If your Internet speed is slow, you may need to Download the files to play them.

Another example
Diana Krall,Live In Paris -A Case of You

www.dropbox.com/s/kydixd...e%20of%20%20You.mp4?dl=0

Hidden Audio converted to 24/48 .wav
www.dropbox.com/s/ituji3...e%20of%20%20You.wav?dl=0
Offline sandyk  
#2 Posted : 14 April 2020 00:01:40(UTC)
sandyk

Australia

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 24 post(s)
A final example of just how good the Hidden Audio on some YouTube music videos can sound.
If you watch any YouTube videos , you will not even need to compare this one with the normal low Bit Rate .aac Audio. It's that good !

https://www.dropbox.com/...dden%20Audio%29.m2t?dl=0

This Video is best downloaded and played using a player such as JRiver 26
I used the free version of WinX YouTube Downloader to download these Videos, and Pegasys Inc\TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 5
to extract the hidden Audio and convert the Videos to a Blu Ray format with LPCM Audio Hanine-Arabia.jpg (417kb) downloaded 4 time(s).

P.S.
I have also since found a way to synchronize both Audio and Video. The recovered X264 file was found to be exactly half the length of the original Video in minutes and seconds, and played at 2 times the normal speed !

Edited by user 14 April 2020 00:35:03(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified