HIFICRITIC audio review magazine
HIFICRITIC FORUMS
Current Issue
HIFICRITIC
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Splodge57  
#1 Posted : 31 May 2017 17:38:38(UTC)
Splodge57

I have been around for years, loving music since i can remember my Dad bringing home an old Dansette along with a pile of 78 rpm's.
I absolutely loved playing those black discs along with the 45 rpms my brother was buying, sheer bliss. I was about 6 back then, Dad used to ask us all (7 children) for out choice of music then peddle off to the town to buy them.
Now after many many changes over the years, myself and my system i still listen as i did then. I have had too many bits of kit to write here, now i have a pair of Kef reference 203mk 2 speakers, Devialet 400 amps, Meridian G02 cdp, Melco N1a, all cables are Chord Signature tune array. I love the sound the depth, i imaging plus so much more. For late night i have an Auralic Vega, Auralic Aries Full blown, Auralic Taurus 2 headphone amp with Sennheiser HD 800s phones, this is all joined together with original chord signatures.
My music now is either streamed or stored on the Melco along with 3700+ cds of all types of music, for myself if it sounds good to me and makes my feet tap, my head bounce with some body jerking, i'll buy it and listen.
Well a long introduction,i'm sorry, with 52 years of listening to music i could have gone on and on and sent you all to sleep.
Keep up you excellent work with the magazine.
Regards
Simon
Offline phil page  
#2 Posted : 31 May 2017 23:02:33(UTC)
phil page

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Welcome!

Your dad had a Dansette - I had one myself - a blue one with a carpet top - I must be older than I thought!
Phil